Thursday 17 October 2013

The Great Erotica Kerfuffle of 2013

Hey readers, fellow erotica / erotica romance authors,

So, like clockwork, we're going through this again. Someone got hot under the collar becasue there is THE SEX in our books and Amazon and Kobo pulled a bunch of titles. I'll keep this brief, because so much has already been said, and probably far better than I can say it. For a comprehensive read on the whole kerfuffle, please see Selena Kitt's blog here.

It never ceases to amaze me, as I've seen other authors say, how we humans can get so uptight over sexual content, but it's okay to write about serial killers, monsters, et al. Don't get me wrong, I love my serial killers and monsters as much as I love my steamy romance novels, but I personally don't think we should get uptight over any of it. For cripes sake, this is fiction! Fantasy! The thought police really need to get their panties out of their ass.

To all my fellow erotica / erotic romance authors, sorry you had to endure the kerfuffle and loss of sales. It sucks, it's a pain in the ass, but looks like Kobo is finally reinstating titles, and as of today I got an email from Amazon saying that, suddenly, after further review, my titles aren't violating their content after all. Interesting, huh? I can now republish them as is.

To our readers: we had to change up the titles and descriptions on some of our titles before Amazon started deciding we weren't violating their content guidelines. So now the Oh! Brother Series will appear as Oh! Shamus over there. Some of the titles in the Rock N Roll Step Dads Series will now appear as Rock Star Romance, and you'll notice excerpts and promotion in some of these titles that refer to the Men of Rock Series, which is actually Rock N Roll Step Brothers.  Since Amazon has now decided some of the titles in the Rock N Roll Step Brothers Series don't violate content guidelines, I'll be changing the appearances of this title back to its original name.

Again, very sorry for the confusion, readers. Bear with us, since our staff is small and this will take time. If you do have any questions with these name changes, please give me a shout at: anitalawless@gmail.com anytime.

I've also emailed Kobo about getting all our titles back into circulation. So I'll keep you posted on that as well. After this latest kerfuffle, I'll be looking into adding a cart to our Wild and Lawless Writers site so we can sell to you directly. For now, if you're looking for epubs, please grab our titles at AllRomance, BookStrand, or Nook.

Not much more to say, I suppose. Like I mentioned above, all that can be said has been covered far better than I can cover it. Let's hope there's no erotica kerfuffle in 2014, but as one author said on facebook recently, "Don't they do this every year?"

It sure seems like it.

Happy reading, everyone!

Anita xox

No comments:

Post a Comment